Art Analysis

 Fallingwater | History, Description, & Facts | Britannica

Fallingwater

    Fallingwater is perhaps the greatest architectural acheivement in Frank Lloyd Wright's career. It originally began construction in 1935 for the Kaufmann family, and was completed in 1937. It is located in Mill Run, near Southwestern Pennsylvania. The building was converted to a museum in 1964, and I visited it in the summer of 2019. Built directly over a waterfall, Fallingwater is one of the most striking buildings I have ever been in. As younwalk through the rooms, you can hear the waterfall underneath you at all times, making you feel like you're in nature. The tan concrete and stone used to construct the building blends in well with the surrounding area, lending to this feeling. The inside of the house is done in the same tan and red, with stone flooring and low ceilings. Altogether, Fallingwater is one of the most interesting architectural pieces I have ever experienced, and I urge everyone to check it out.




Citations

Zelazko, Alicja. “Fallingwater.” Encyclopædia Britannica, Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., www.britannica.com/place/Fallingwater.

Comments

  1. Hey Lucas,
    That is awesome that you actually got to visit the Fallingwater building. Although I have never been in the building, I do agree it is one of the most striking building that I've ever seen! It's really neat that you can feel the water on the ground when you are walking through, the nature vibe is very noticeable in this piece and I especially like all the greenery. Something I noticed is that there are balconies on each floor so you get a view from pretty much everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucas, I think that is pretty cool that you got to go and visit the Fallingwater building. I liked how you chose architecture for this weeks art appreciation analysis over a sculpture or painting. You mentioned that Fallingwater was transformed into a museum, what kind of art did they have on display at the Fallingwater museum? I agree with you, Fallingwater is a beautiful and interesting architecture piece that I will have to go and visit when I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Blog Post